Welcome To Teamsters Local 776
Teamsters Local 776 is the largest Teamsters Local in Pennsylvania. Chartered by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters in 1937, we are located in South-Central PA. Our diverse mix of over 8,500 members work in six different counties.
Mobile App Installation
To begin using the Local 776 Mobile App follow these simple steps:
1. Download the Android or Apple version from the local 776 website via your smartphone browser by selecting the appropriate download button above. Follow the prompts to install the app on your device. If installing on an Apple device select yes to allow push notification messages. Once installed the app will open to the main page.
2. If you are NOT currently a registered user of the Local 776 website and do not receive email messages from Local 776 then select “App Registration” from the menu and complete the form where it says “New User Registration". Existing Local 776 website users can skip this step.
3. That’s it! Once you are a registered user of the App you will receive push notifications from Local 776.
4. Additionally, if you are a registered user of the website and would like to receive employer specific notifications from Local 776 follow these easy steps:
1. This step will only have to be completed one time. Once your App Registration is approved or if you are an Existing Local 776 user, you will need to log in to the app next. Click Member Resources from the main page (Android users will need to select Member Home next) then enter your website username and password in the pop up log in box to log in.
2. After completing this step, you will receive employer specific notifications from Local 776
What's New at IBT 776
The Children's Christmas Party will be a drive-thru again this year. Full details can be found below:
On behalf of the Officers, Agents, Staff, and myself, I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving. If you are traveling to gather with family and friends during the holiday please be safe. AAA predicts 54.6 million Americans will travel from their homes for the Holiday.
We all have so much to be thankful for, please find a place in your heart for those less fortunate than us, and help them in any way that you can. When enjoying your holiday dinner; remember the hungry, when enjoying good, health; remember the sick. Lastly, remember our military personnel, many of who are away from their families and loved ones protecting the rights and liberties that we cherish in our great country.
President, Teamsters Local 776
Robert “Bob” Shoop retired in September 2022, after 30 ½ years as a Correctional Officer at York County Prison. Prior to his time at YCP Bob was a C.O. in Adams County for 3 years. Over 33 years in corrections is a remarkable feat considering the daily stress of dealing with the less desirable members of our society. While at YCP Bob ran the community clean-up program in the York area for the past eleven years. During that time, the inmates worked on 33 Habitat for Humanity houses, built two fire hall museums, and worked on various projects for townships and boroughs in the area such as hanging Christmas lights and decorations, and fixing water leaks. Bob’s goal for the program was to teach the inmates to get out and help people.
Now that he is retired and has some time on his hands, Bob, an avid angler, aims to catch a fish in every state. Bob has seven states under his belt, so there are many fish to go! He plans to see the sights while traveling to various fishing destinations. One destination that may happen yet this year is ice fishing in Maine!
On leaving the prison bob’s parting words to his fellow C.O’s are “Stay safe, it's good to have a fellow Teamster with you all the time watching your back!”
From everyone at Local 776, congratulations on your retirement Bob, enjoy it!
Bob shows off his retirement watch as BA Shane Weaver looks on
Teamster Nation News
Teamster News Updated Daily
Follow the link below for Daily Teamster News:
IBT UnionActive Newswire Updated: Dec. 04 (08:00)
New York Magazine: Why America’s Railroads Refuse to Give Their Workers Paid Leave Teamsters Local 122 Week Ending 12/2/2022 Teamsters Local 355 Week Ending 12/2/2022 Teamsters Local 570 Rail Unions Slam Senate’s ‘Anti-American’ Rejection of Sick Days Teamsters Local 570 Rail Unions Slam Senate’s ‘Anti-American’ Rejection of Sick Days Teamsters Local 355 Week Ending 12/2/2022 Teamsters Local 992 UnionActive Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: Dec. 04 (08:43)
Solidarity Statement from Senator Sanders Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen New York Magazine: Why America’s Railroads Refuse to Give Their Workers Paid Leave Teamsters Local 122 Week Ending 12/2/2022 Teamsters Local 355 Week Ending 12/2/2022 Teamsters Local 570 Rail Unions Slam Senate’s ‘Anti-American’ Rejection of Sick Days Teamsters Local 570 Rail Unions Slam Senate’s ‘Anti-American’ Rejection of Sick Days Teamsters Local 355 The Rick Smith Show
A daily radio show that focuses on working family issues. Hosted by Rick Smith, a Teamster member from Pennsylvania.
"Where working people come to talk"
Rick also hosts a daily segment on labor history at 2:00 PM
To visit the Rick Smith Show Website follow the link below
This web site is presented for informational purposes only. No endorsements of a corporate entity or any link is intended or implied. Logos and trademarks that appear do so coincidentally with photographic images displayed and remain the property of their rightful owners. Opinions written or linked from this site are those of individuals involved and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the owner and/or operator of this web site. The owner and/or operator of this web site cannot guarantee the accuracy of outside information linked from our site. Teamsters Local 776 All Rights Reserved.